Claim Center

Claim Information

Report your claim to your insurance agent as soon as possible.Contact your agent:
Look up agent information » 

Take steps necessary to protect your property from further damage including temporary repairs.

Make a record of all damages that occurred including damages to personal property. Know Your Stuff® – Home Inventory can help you create a list of all your personal property.

Keep a list of any temporary repair expenses.

Frequently Ask Questions

In the event of a loss, please notify your insurance agent as soon as possible.

Please be ready to provide your policy number, the date and the time the loss occurred, the type of loss, and a description of the loss.

A deductible is the amount you must pay out of pocket to cover your loss before Kane County Mutual will pay any loss expenses.

If your policy has additional living expenses coverage, Kane County Mutual will cover those expenses up to the coverage limit.

Yes, you will be able to choose the contractor who completes your repairs.

Your claims adjuster can provide you with a list of contractors or you can get an estimate from a contractor of your choice.

Contractor Tip:
Be sure to choose a contractor who is insured and bonded and who gives you a written workmanship guarantee.

Replacement Cost covers the full amount to replace any lost, stolen, or damaged items with new items.

Actual Cash Value only covers the depreciated value of an item at the time it was lost, stolen, or damaged. The depreciated value is determined by the wear and tear on the item and the item’s age.

That depends on your policy terms, your claims history, how long you have been a Kane County Mutual customer and state regulations.

Even if you are not at fault, you will still need to pay your deductible.

You may still want to file a claim even if the damage costs are less than your deductible. Repairs may cost more than you estimate or additional damage may be found later.

In the event of property theft, vandalism or an accident, we recommended that you file a police report.

That depends on what coverages are included in your policy, the cause of damage, and what property was damaged.

Your agent can help you review your policy to determine if your claim will be covered.