Kane County Farmers Mutual Fire Insurance Company received their Charter on March 17, 1925, and commenced business on June 1, 1925. The word “Farmers” was dropped from the name in 1946 as the company began insuring property in towns and villages in addition to farm property. The word “Fire” was dropped from the name in 1987 as the state statutes changed and the company was able to write wind coverage in addition to fire and extended perils.
The board of directors has operated the company in a conservative manner over the years, which enabled the company to be financially strong even though it remained small. The past several years has brought many changes as family farms began disappearing from the landscape of Kane County. The board of directors and management has been progressive and changed to meet the needs of the community in which it operates.